My favourite cuisine

I love food. The one thing everyone consumes but never really appreciates. I think food is a perfect way to express yourself and is also very...exciting. I think we all hold a special place for food in our hearts. Some even surround their entire job with food. The word food actually originated in Germany from the word, ‘fodjan'. My favourite cuisine would be Asian Cuisine.

Asian Cuisine are generally cooked with a variety of different herbs and spices which gives it its unique flavour. Freshness is also common in Asian cooking with garnishes like lemon-grass, sesame, coriander, etc. It’s astonishing how they use common ingredients such as rice, seafood, onions, chillies and cook them through varied methods such as stir-frying, steaming, etc. Nowadays, Modern Asian cuisine is mainly based around technique and flavour. Many claim that the national dish of Asia is the Peking duck. The duck is iconic in the Chinese cuisine and they have roasted it for many centuries dating as far as the 1300’s. 


My favourite cuisines out of the Asian category would be Japanese, Chinese and Korean foods. These past few years, I’ve been trying out different cuisines and visiting different countries. I’ve learnt to love sushi, mochi, pad thai, bibimbap, etc. I’m also a fan of French as I have a soft spot for their macaroons and traditional Middle Eastern tea and their kebabs are just *chefs kiss*. 

However, I’m not the picky type. I love all kinds of foods so I don't have a bias. Good food cannot be found in only one cuisine and that’s why it is encouraged to try different foods and who knows? Maybe, you’ll have a second thought...

Comments

  1. Great. Next time post about your favourite dishes. And write more about why you like them?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts