Iron Man

Marvel is better than DC, in my opinion. This sentence might seem quite controversial but hear me out. I think Marvel brings more realism to a fantasy world. Its movies are more creative and interesting whereas DC is more iconic for their in-depth backstories that they give their heroes. I believe audiences can get engaged more in Marvel movies and it’s much less...heavier. Don’t get me wrong though, I’m sure DC has its many perks. Even though I’m a marvel fan, I do love the batman movies dearly. 

My favourite marvel superhero would have to be Iron Man. Other than the superhero costume, he is a famous billionaire known as Tony Stark. The superhero is played by actor, Robert Downey Jr. There are three iron man movies in total and the first one explains how some terrorists kidnapped him and that led to the creation of his suit. The second movie explains how he was pressured by the military to share the secret behind the creation of his advanced technology. He had to forge alliances and face a new enemy. In his final movie, it explains how his suit took over every aspect of his life and soon, an enemy known as the mandarin, reduced his personal world to rubble. 

In his superhero form, he wears a metal suit coloured red and yellow. The suit gives him super strength, flight, agility, reflexes, senses and durability. He’s my favourite because although he has no super-powers, but he makes up for it by his intelligence. He handcrafted an artificially programmed robot and made a metal high-tech suit. If that isn’t impressive, I don’t know what is.

Many say that Spiderman is the best superhero, but Iron Man introduced Spiderman into the Marvel community. Without him, there is no Spiderman. In addition, we all can’t forget the tragic ending in Endgame, where half of the avengers died, one of them being Iron Man. He sacrificed himself, saving the rest of the Avengers, when he defeated Thanos. I think he proved that you don’t need magical powers to be a superhero, you just need to put in effort and believe. In the end, all superheroes have a special place in people’s hearts -- whether it be marvel, DC, or your neighbourhood police. As said by Tony Stark, “Heroes are made by the paths they choose, not the powers they are graced with”.


Comments

Popular Posts