Infinity Pools

I know what you’re thinking...why such a random topic? Why infinity pools so specifically? Well...I love infinity pools. I think the idea behind these unique swimming pools is so captivating. It has been said the infinity pool concept originated in France, in the late 17th century, and one of the first vanishing-edge designs was the stag fountain at the palace of Versailles. 

Infinity pools are iconic for its ‘disappearing into the horizon’ effect. It's designed to trick the human eye , creating an illusion that there is no separating between the water and surrounding landscape. Infinity pools are also very expensive, costing approximately $79,000. But it is because they have a system which pumps water from the lower-catch-basin back into the main body of water. You also need a vacuum basin to prevent pool water flowing the wrong direction. It is similar to a waterfall with a single lower level. The time and effort it takes to install and assemble all of these are part of the reason why it's so costly. 

 


The world’s most famous infinity pool is in Marina Bay Sands Hotel in Singapore. It's a big tourist attraction. I visited it in 2017 and it was absolutely stunning. However, I couldn’t swim there. 

I longed to swim in an infinity pool once and my goal was fulfilled when I swam in the infinity pool at Novotel in Vijaywada. It was truly a breathtaking sight. I often swim there when I visit. I find myself constantly staring at the magnificent view, while also swimming. 

Comments

Popular Posts