Laziness

Beep. Beep. Beep.
My eyes dreadfully open for the long day awaiting me
I think I'll just stay in bed until I can properly see
Or maybe I can sleep in for five more minutes...

Get up!
I heard a voice drown out my dream
I was getting to the best part, I screamed.
I’m just going to skip school today
I’m sure I won’t miss that much anyway

I peek out the blankets
What time is it?
I’ll just stay in my bed for a bit
Oh, I may as well go on my phone
I look out to my dismay, a blinding light shone

Too bright! I let out a cry
But it’s too far...oh how I wish my bed could fly
I wish I could stay in here forever, I sadly smile
Then I would have no more work, I glanced at the towering pile

I snuggle back in my blanket
I’ll sleep for some more
Everything else seems like a toilsome chore
Yawn...no time for sorrow
Good night world, wake me up tomorrow.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts