My 13th Birthday

Woke up at 10 with a smile on my face

Jumped out of bed to my family embrace

Slow glance to a pile of gifts and goodies

Candles, jewellery -- and of course, comfy hoodies!


I can’t wait to try all of these on, I squeal

I look at the time...time for the movies, I call

My family and me, we drive to the Dubai Mall

Met up with some friends, watch the movie together


How I wish this day lasts forever

Buckets of popcorn finished in no time

and then there was lunch, just so sublime!


At last, the moment I had waited for,

The soft airy cake, topped with berries galore

I take a deep breath and just make a wish

Now its time to dig into this scrumptious dish

I close my eyes but I can’t fall asleep...

I wait till it strikes 11:59

dear birthday, I’m afraid we must part ways

See you again after 364 days 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts