The Art of Chess

One of the most intriguing and mesmerising sports played across the world and which doesn’t depend on physical strength is Chess. Chess is a two-player competitive game where both teams goal is to capture the king. The experiences I had weren’t the best but surprisingly I’ve recently grown an immense interest in this elegant game. 

 




My first experience at learning chess was when I was quite young and when I believed it too ‘difficult’, and quite complicated. When I watched others around playing it, I was fascinated with it, but never came to the point of me wanting to try it for myself. 

 

A few years later, I tried to learn this art all over again and soon realized it wasn’t that difficult to understand. It came automatically, like learning the times table. I realized all it needed was a bit of persistence and an open mind. 

 

The tipping point was an accidental encounter at a friend’s house. We were playing chess and in a matter of minutes, I realized I started enjoying myself and after I was completely engrossed. After, I wanted to attempt it again and improve my moves. I began looking at videos and learning new techniques on how to beat your opponent swifter. It is a very exciting game, but it takes a bit of thinking and a calm mindset. 

 

This is a significant event in my life as it helped me make decisions mentally and physically, it also tested my mental recognition and taught me that opinions can change overtime. All it takes is time and a little effort. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts