My trip to Dubai!!

During my christmas break, I travelled to Dubai for five days, and it was nothing short of exhuberant...

Day 1
Our trip started on the 23rd of December, 2022, when we reached the airport. Personally, I despise the excrutiatingly long waiting-time airports are notorious for. However, after the waiting time, we finally managed to board our flight through Emirates Business Class. It had been MONTHS since we travelled so you could imagine how excited I was. The trip was approximately four hours and I was debating between multiple movies but, due to my sudden football interest after the World Cup, settled on Pelé (amazing documentary, definitely recommend). After we landed, we quickly checked in through the E-gates and finally reached Dubai. Our mom greeted us and we had to visit the dentist immediately after, as we had been delaying our checkup for a while since we were out of the country. The dentist checked my sisters teeth and asked me to return in the evening. After reaching home, we rested for a while, before my sister’s friend, Sara, came over. We ordered korean food before I head to go back to the dentist :’) .  After the visit to the dentist, we went back home to pick up my sister and Sara before heading to Dubai Mall, where we went shopping. We originally planned to go to Cheesecake factory, but after realizing it was fully booked, settled on a nearby restaurant. I ordered pancakes (never too late to have pancakes) while my sister and Sara ordered seafood dish and my mom ordered a sandwich. We ended the day by watching ten minutes of Glass Onion before passing out :)

Day 2 (24th December, 2022)
Today, we were planning on getting a haircut for no reason particularly. I decided to get it trimmed; my sister cut it shoulder length along with a slight trimming of her curtain bangs, and Sara got bangs. After, we all got our hair blow-dried. When we came back home, we ordered some korean food and got some pastries, which were absolutely deluctable. While we were eating we finished the movie Glass Onion (very prodigious movie, has a big plot twist). At the end of the day, before Sara was about to leave, we decided to make chocolate covered strawberries while watching home-alone. Unfortunately while we were melting the chocolate, SOMEONE (my sister) put the wrong microwave settings and accidentally burnt it, and when we opened the microwave, fumes flooded the kitchen (fyi, it wasn’t life-threatening or anything) but we managed to reduce the smoke through wafting the air around aggressively. After a very dramatic end to a Christmas Eve, we waved goodbye to Sara and went to bed. 

Day 3 (25th December 2022)
Our grandparents and our cousins were to reach, from Kerala, early in the morning. We welcomed them and talked, before opening the christmas presents under the tree. Since, it was my grandfather's birthday as well, we got a berry cake for him from Sugar-moo (scrumptious, same cake I got previously on my birthday, 100/10). While we ate cake, we talked and watched netflix. In the evening, we went go karting with four of my cousins. This was probably one of the highlights of my trip because it was SO FUN! Even if it was just twelve minutes, it felt like my inner Lewis Hamilton engulfed me, and although it was my first time, it came so naturally; the moment was absolutely beautiful. When I hit the acceleration pedal, I felt immersed in the car as the air brushed past me through my helmet. Thankful to my formula 1 obsession, I remembered tips drivers’ gave on how to make a perfect corner while minimizing break time, and how to overtake effortlessly so I tried to incorporate it into my driving. I completed nineteen laps in twelve minutes and my only regret was not attempting this sport sooner. Our day ended with us going on a stroll through the city before returning back home and sleeping.

Day 4 (26th December 2022)
On the fourth day, we visited the Museum of the Future, and took millions of photos, while enjoying the variety of virtual and augmented realities and the human-machine interactions. We stayed there for four hours or so, before heading to Dubai Mall with our cousins, where we went shopping and visited a few cafés. I got new cargo pants from Bershka along with some macaroons from Ladurée. By the time we came back home it was evening, so we ate dinner and headed to bed. 

Day 5 (27th December 2022)
Today was WARNER BROS DAY! My cousins and I planned to go to Warner Bros in the morning and we reached at 12pm. Going to a themepark during your holidays is absolutely a must, especially if you’re in Dubai. It was delightful and we went on multiple rides, including the Fast and Furry-ous, the Riddler Revolution and the Joker Funhouse (my favourite being the Riddler Revolution and the Flintstones Bedrock Adventure). The only disappointing part was the ridiculously long queues we had to endure before experiencing the ride, which would have only lasted a maximum of five minutes. Unless you had the fast pass for the waiting-lines, it was almost unbearable. We adjourned midway to eat at a restaurant: Brontos Burger and Ribs, where I ordered a burrito and a milkshake. We ended our visit by going to the 4D Justice League ride, which ironically was the only ride we went on where there was no waiting line. Since my birthday, along with my cousin’s, was coming up, we decided to celebrate it today, since we wouldn’t be present on the day. We ordered two cakes; I had a tiramisu cake and my cousin had a chocolate cake (fun fact, for my actual birthday, I got another tiramisu cake...can you tell I like tiramisu?). I loved the tiramisu cake it was absolutely delicious and after stuffing myself to my hearts’ content, we headed to bed. 

Day 6 (28th December 2022)
Today, in the morning, we were to meet up with our cousins to visit the recently opened, Aya Lightshow. It was truly a scinitillating experience. The lightshow had multiple rooms, each with a different theme. They each had a innovative and gorgeous idea-- altogether it was truly breathtaking. One of the rooms was called ‘The Falls’, which included a reverse waterfall (the droplets were defying gravity). My favourite room was ‘Flora’, which included a sentient garden filled with lights and mirrors. After the lightshow, we went to a restaurant called Asha and had lunch, before heading home. We rested for a while and in the evening, our flight was due, so we headed to the airport. The next day we were back in Hyderabad.

Overall, my trip to Dubai was anything but unforgettable and I can confidently say I enjoyed every second of it. Dubai always has a way of making sure you have a good time. Until next time... :)

 





Comments

Popular Posts