Korean Food!

An incredibly underrated cuisine and one of my FAVOURITES is Korean food! I recently grew to love this country and its culture very quickly, after watching a couple k-dramas with my sister (just to clarify, I am not a kpop fan). K-dramas have always been an escape to a secret world where anything and everything is possible. One thing I enjoyed in particular with the shows, was the mouth-watering food scenes. You can already tell where this is leading to, but from then on, I was dying to try the food and see if it was as good as it looked. 

When I was in Dubai, I tried bibimbap and korean fried chicken, both of which I absolutely loved. However, I grew curious and wanted to try other foods from Korea, specifically their grill. As far as I've heard, Korean BBQ. is said to be unbeatable. I could never get the chance to try it, until I went to Hyderabad and visited the restaurant, Goguryeo. I tried Gochujang Bulgogi Pork and Tteok-Bokki. They set out the grill and put the pork, sauce and vegetables on a pan and began mixing it while heating it under a stove. There was lettuce, and many side-dishes beside it. After a couple minutes, the cooking was complete and the feast began. Not only did the presentation impressed me, but the taste was incredible too. The spice of the gochujang sauce completed the pork, and when lettuce was added to it, the combination was phenomenal. Solid 10/10 and I definitely recommend it if you ever try Korean BBQ. (warning, it is quite spicy). The tteok-bokki was nice, but it was quite chewy and not as flavourful as I would’ve liked. Rating it a 7.5/10.

If you have never tried Korean food before, I encourage you to. Especially if you’re a fan of Chinese and Thai cuisines. Korean foods have grown on me and if there were more korean restaurants in India, I would definitely go regularly. Next time you decide to eat at a Korean restaurant, take the korean BBQ, trust me you wont regret it!

Comments

Popular Posts